Saturday, March 10, 2012

I looked into the sun
When I closed my eyes
I couldn't see
I couldn't see
The sun blinded me
I looked into your eyes
When I opened my heart
I couldn't feel
I couldn't feel
Your darkness closed me in
When I opened the door
There was nothing
Not even air
I couldn't breathe
I couldn't breathe
The taste of you left my mouth
It was empty
When I fell to the ground
I didn't make a sound
I was a feather weightless
Nobody could hear me
I am unheard
I am unseen
I still bleed
I still bleed
The cut runs deep
But my veins are tapped out
My blood dries
My tears never do

I like to feel the water
Just before midnight
Sit inside a pool of my thoughts
Gather all the windows
To watch the people fall
Take the steps to nowhere
To see how far they go
Get there and don't return
Stay in nowhere land

Copyright: Carla Haglund

No comments:

Post a Comment